Help reduce pain & discomfort by re-balancing your feet & returning your body to natural movements.
Angelika can also do orthotics for you. Your feet have a direct impact on the rest of your body. When a small problem develops in your feet, a subtle change in the way you walk will cause a chain reaction of adjustments in your posture & walking mechanics. These changes can put stress on joints higher up in your body, & lead to more serious problems. Orthotics help re-balance your feet, reducing pain & discomfort by enhancing your body's natural movements. Prescription orthotics look like insoles, but are biomechanical medical appliances that are custom made to correct your specific foot imbalance. Orthotics reduce stress and strain on your body by bringing your feet back into proper alignment. The orthotic is made from precise imprints of your feet.
How Orthotics can help you:
- Help restore the normal balance & alignment of your body
- Reduce problems associated with pressure points, muscle strain & abnormal forces on the ankles, knees, hips & spine.
- Over time they bring you relief from fatigue & pain, allowing you to comfortably enjoy daily activities
How do I know if I have a problem?
The symptoms of poor foot mechanics can include any one of the following:
The Orthotic Group (2012). Therafirm: Knite-Rite, Inc. www.theorthoticgroup.com (2012). Therafirm: Knite-Rite, Inc. www.theorthoticgroup.com
ORTHOTICS (CUSTOM MADE INSOLES)
Bring Your Back into Alignment
The process of getting orthotics:
1) Get a doctor's referral for orthotics that has a diagnosis on it to submit to your insurance company.
2) Find out from your insurance company, if you have one, if an Osteopathic Manual Therapist is qualified to do your orthotics. Some insurance companies require a Chiropodist or Podiatrist to do your orthotics.
3) If you want to go forward with the orthotics, schedule an appointment.
4) During your appointment, the following will be done: an orthopedic test, neurological test, muscle test, and biomechanical testing. A foam imprint of your feet will be taken. You will pay a deposit.
5) When your orthotics arrive (it takes 1 - 3 weeks) we will contact you to pick them up and make sure they fit into your shoes. Please bring the shoes you are putting the orthotics in.
6) You will pay the remainder and will be issued an invoice for the total amount on this day. You will get a form called Manufacturing Process and another called Biomechanical Assessment & Gait Analysis and you submit both to your insurance as well as the referral and the invoice (total of 4 things to submit to insurance).
7) The bag your orthotics come in will have the wearing instructions. It is important that you follow the regime.